Angle grinders are a unique welding tool that can be found in practically any metalworking shop.
They are handheld tools that cut metal, smoothen welds, remove rust, and grinds grooves in the metal.
When choosing an angle grinder, one of the most crucial elements to consider is whether it is corded or cordless, the revolutions per minute (RPM),
the type of switch used to start it, the disc size, pricing, and if it has a tool-less guard adjustment.
We’ve written about these in greater detail in our buyer’s guide, which you can find below.
DEWALT Angle Grinder Tool Kit
If you want a grinder that can rip through metal essentially immediately while it fixes it, go no farther than the Dewalt DWE402 Angle Grinder by Paddle Switch.
This tool has a one-touch guard, a multi-position side handle, and a dust ejection system for stability.
This angle grinder remains powered by an 11 amp AC/DC motor capable of 11,000 RPMs.
This provides an impressive power-to-weight ratio. Because any material sucked up by the tool is quickly discharged, the dust ejection mechanism extends the product’s lifespan.
The grinder employs a larger brush, which doubles the lifespan of comparable machines.
Compared to other models in this power class, the small gripping surface provides more comfort than other options.
It also includes a one-touch guard that allows you to rotate all 360 degrees with a single touch.
The top-mounted shaft lock button maximizes struck intensity outwardly, sacrificing durability.
It also includes a new ergonomically composed side grip and more oversized threading for added durability.
It automatically shuts off if the brush needs to be replaced, preventing you from accidentally damaging the instrument.
- The angle grinder’s 13.0 Amp AC/DC, 8,000 RPM engine provides ample power and speed for 7-inch grinding jobs.
- DEWALT angle grinders provide a high power-to-weight ratio, resulting in increased efficiency and less user fatigue.
- Design of the rear handle for increased comfort and control
- Brush caps are located on the outside of the brush for ease of maintenance.
- Ball and surge bearings that are sealed for increased motor life
- The pivot lock button enables single-wrench bit changes.
- Extremely versatile
- Longer life expectancy
- maintains a clean work environment
- It will not contaminate the weld or the metal surface.
- Heavier and bulkier in comparison to comparable tools
- Not as welcoming to newcomers
- Grinding discs are not included.
BOSCH GWS13-50VSP 5 with Paddle Switch
For those on a tighter budget, the Bosch GWS8-45 Angle Grinder is the best enjoyment for your dollars.
It still offers many features but isn’t as expensive as the other picks on this file. It’s our selection for the most suitable angle grinder for the money.
Bosch holds a reputation for creating high-quality tools, which has propelled it to become one of the world’s leading power tool makers.
At a meager price, this angle grinder includes many beautiful features that come with higher-end versions.
This angle grinder is one of the lightest on the market, making it suitable for little hands.
It also has a slim grip surface, which means you won’t strain your hand muscles trying to hold the grip handle.
This safety clutch allows you to preserve control of the attachment even if it jams, preventing dangerous kickbacks.
It also has an S-automatic safety slip clutch, so you shouldn’t have to use the dead-man switch.
The grinder has directed airflow, which pushes dust away from the tool for a longer lifespan.
The guard protects against bursts and adjusts to your specifications. The handle may also be changed to different locations to give you more control.
It also has a preventative shutdown, so you don’t have to guess when your brush needs maintenance.
- The paddle switch allows for a variety of comfortable grip settings.
- Powerful motor with 13 amps and a maximum speed of 11,500 rpm.
- Variable speed setting (from 2,800 to 11,500 rpm) to tailor speed to the application.
- Carbon brushes have a longer lifespan than earlier generations of brushes.
- Direct-motor cooling allows for greater overload capacity
- 120.00 VOLTAGES
- Advantages: Extremely affordable
- a strong motor
- Grip ambidextrous
- Disagrees with cutting
- More quickly burns out
- The shield isn’t perfect.